01/08/2016

Mood du jour : "Long Walk To D.C." The Staple Singers.

On se retrouve début septembre, en attendant Ladies & Gentlemen... en route et bonnes vacances à tous !
"Long Walk To D.C." The Staple Singers.

Paroles :

It's a long walk to DC but I've got my walking shoes on
I can't take a plane, pass a train, because my money ain't that long
America we believe, oh that you love us still
So people I'm gonna be under to wipe away my tears

I'll tell ya, it's a long walk to DC but I'm on, ooh, yes, I am
Ooh yeah, but I know I'll make it some day
I know it's a whole lot of rocks and rifts before I make it there
Should've been going on yesterday, but today I am a leaving here

I've got a dime for some coffee, I got a dime to buy me a cake
I gotta see the president no matter what it takes
I'll tell yah, It's a long walk to DC, yeah
But I'm lonely, oh yes I am ooh, yeah, but I know I'll make it some day

I know that its a whole lots of rocks and rifts before I make it there
I should have been going on yesterday but today I am a leaving here
I've got a dime for some coffee, 'nother dime to buy me a cake
I gotta see the president, no matter what it takes

I'll tell ya, it's a long walk to DC but I'm on, ooh, yes, I am
Ooh yeah, but I know I'll make it some day
I'm gonna step out of Jackson, our Mississippi town
Through Alabama, haw, you know I'm Memphis bound
North Carolina, Virginia too

I gotta set my feet now on the national ground, yeah


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire